Monday, December 3, 2007

Being granted hope

Today was THE day, THE day of annoucing to the local staff we stop operating as a Design Center on the 13th of December.
Last evening we all had a bit of a crying breakdown, well the girls at least.
Nabid's thirteen year old son wanted pictures with me and Palwasha and suddendly when he was taking these pictures we both broke down a bit.
Then I went to Ryan's office-turned-living-room, Nasreen came in and I just broke down bawling like a 5 year old.
She then followed, and then Lima, and Palwasha and then we were all crying like mocosas.
So today came, we'd already cried our tears and over breakfast at Kabul Coffeehouse Ryan broke down the 2-week's notice, and no one was surprised, no one acted too upset, we all just ate, cracked a joke or two...
All along I've felt my time in Afghanistan was not over.
And today I got a spark of hope.
Wendy Summers, a lovely lady I met throught eh BP's organization emailed me, I had already told her what was happening with our design center and how it looked Iike I would cease to work in Kabul.
So she emails me today asking me to give her a rough idea of what the cost would be for us to have an office and continue the work we have been doing so far.
I am soooo excited.
We'll see how it all continues to develop but for today I have been granted hope.

No comments: